CAV 2020 and co-located events will be conducted virtually during 19-24th July. The events will be conducted primarily through Zoom and Slack for attendees. Some sessions (e.g., keynotes and tutorials) will also be live streamed on YouTube. Here are useful information for attendees:
Before the conference
- Make sure you can run Zoom on your device and join a Zoom meeting.
- Follow the invite to join CAV 2020 Slack workspace (will be sent to attendees via email) and add yourself to the channels you are interested in.
- Use the same email used for registration and use your real name as the slack handle for others to identify you.
- There are channels for papers on main track, tutorials, each of the co-located events such as workshops, mentoring and sponsor events.
- Visit the CAV main conference program , workshops , VMW and Sponsor events to find the schedule (time and URL) of the events you want to attend.
- Check out the 1-minute teaser videos of CAV20 accepted papers.
During the conference
- Monitor the Slack channel for announcements, and post questions on the talks in progress. For the main conference, there is a thread per paper in the #main-track-papers channel for questions and discussions.
- Start conversations with other attendees on Slack, and meet with the Platinum Sponsors (Amazon, Facebook/Novi, and Microsoft).
- Watch the 1-minute teaser videos for the talks scheduled for the day (links to these videos will be made available in the online program).
- Join Zoom meetings for the sessions (links available in the online program by clicking LOCATION > ZOOM URL for each session). You need a password (will be sent to attendees via email).
- Optionally, you may watch the livestream of some sessions (keynotes and tutorials) on YouTube (links available in the online program).
Session structure for the main conference
- The main conference will be conducted on July 21st – 24th via Zoom at 8:00am-10:45am PDT (Los Angeles Time), followed by a breakout session (social event) from 10:45am to 11:30am PDT.
- The first hour (8:00am-9:00am) will feature a plenary talk or a business meeting.
- There will be a 15 minute break (9:00am-9:15am).
- This will be followed by three parallel sessions of paper presentations (9:15am-10:45am).
- Each session will be moderated by a session chair, who will introduce each speaker, play a pre-recorded video of the talk, and perform up to 3 minutes of Q&A with the speaker.
- Attendees may use Slack to post questions for the speaker via the paper thread on Slack #main-track-papers channel.
- At 10:45am, everyone will join the Breakout session (Zoom meeting links available in the online program).
- At 10:50am, the host will assign attendees to smaller “breakout” rooms, where they can chat with other with audio and video.
- After 20 minutes, the host will close these “breakout” rooms.
- At 11:10am, the host will assign attendees to “breakout” rooms again, where they can chat with a different set of attendees.
- For more information, please follow the Slack channel #cav-breakout-sessions.
- Two invited tutorials will be conducted on July 20th via Zoom at 8:00am-10:00am PDT (Los Angeles Time).
Instructions for presenters
In addition to the above, here are additional instructions for speakers:
- Please note down the session in which you talk takes place. You should have received (or will soon receive) information from your session chair.
- Join your session 15 minutes before it starts, and work with the session chair to test your microphone and camera.
- Attend your session to answer questions posed by the session chair during the 3-minutes Q&A for your talk.
- When you are not speaking, please keep the microphone muted and camera turned off (to save the bandwidth)
- Monitor the Slack thread for your paper in #main-track-papers channel and answer questions during the conference or beyond.
Instructions for session chairs
- Before the day of conference
- Download the pre-recorded talk videos and speaker information for the papers in your session as a backup (e.g., in case the student volunteer host is unable to play the videos). Links to these videos and speaker information will be sent to you via email.
- Reach out to your speakers to make sure that they are present in your session for Q&A.
- Make sure that you have access to the Slack workspace http://cav2020.slack.com, so you can see the questions asked during your session (you should have received an invite in the Welcome email).
- On the day of the conference
- Join the Zoom meeting for your session at 9:00am PDT (using the password sent in the Welcome email), identify yourself as the session chair, and test your camera and microphone.
- Ask the student volunteer to make you the “co-host”. You may want to make the speakers “co-hosts” as well, to allow them stay unmuted, and with camera turned on, ready for the Q&A.
- You may choose to mute all other participants and turn their camera off during session, to save network bandwidth.
- Be aware that your session officially starts at 9:15am PDT.
- At 9:15am, please say a few words about yourself and the session, and then get started.
- Ask the student volunteer host to play the talk video, while you gather questions from the Slack channel, and ask the speaker to answer the questions after the talk.
- At 10:45am, conclude the session, and announce the Breakout Zoom session which starts immediately following your session.