Each accepted paper will be presented in a CAV virtual session where a pre-recorded video of the talk will be presented followed by live Q&A moderated by a session chair. We request at least one author to be present to answer questions during the session.
Detailed instructions on the format of the videos, shared folder to upload and deadline will be communicated to the authors by email. Please reach out to CAV PC-chairs in case of any clarifications to cav2020 AT EasyChair DOT org.
- Videos should contain a prominent view of the slides along with audio. Optionally, to increase engagement, the videos could also contain a video that shows the speaker in thumbnail-size.
- Video duration for regular papers: 17 minutes.
- Video duration for tool and case-study papers: 7 minutes.
- Video file format: MPEG-4 (.mp4) file (use normal H.264).
- Video size: HD (1280 x 720 – no more than 720p setting).
- Audio Quality: please check your files before submitting to make sure the audio is clear and audible.
Recording Tools and Tutorials
Please see below for tutorials and screen recording software options.
- How to add audio (and optionally video) to your PowerPoint slides: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/record-a-slide-show-with-narration-and-slide-timings-0b9502c6-5f6c-40ae-b1e7-e47d8741161c
- How to generate an MPEG-4 (.mp4) file from your slides and audio/video: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/turn-your-presentation-into-a-video-c140551f-cb37-4818-b5d4-3e30815c3e83
- This YouTube tutorial explains in detail the above steps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8JV3w4TOVw
- Local recording: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362473-Local-recording
Other software options for screen recording on Linux, Windows, and Mac.