We are holding a block of rooms at the Omni Hotel at California Plaza, Downtown Los Angeles. These rooms are being held on a first-come, first-served basis at the discounted rate indicated below. Please be aware that the room block may fill quickly, so we suggest you make your hotel and travel plans early. The conference rate is available for three days before and three days after the conference.
The group rate is guaranteed until June 18, 2020, unless the block fills prior to that. If there are rooms available after the cutoff date, they will be available at the best rate offered at that time.
- Single/Double: $239 per night plus applicable taxes.
- Triple: $259 per night plus applicable taxes.
- Quadruple: $279 per night plus applicable taxes.
To make your reservation: Call the Omni’s reservation line at (800)-843-6664 and refer to the “CAV 2020 Room Block” to get the group rate.
Traveling to Los Angeles
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) has flights to all major cities around the world. To get from LAX to downtown Los Angeles and the conference hotel, you have the following options:
- Taxi is around $55.
- Shuttle (e.g., PrimeTime, Super Shuttle) is around $25.
- Fly-A-Way bus service (from LAX to Union Station) is around $10.
At Union Station, you may use Uber/Lyft, or contact The Omni Hotel at 213-617-3300 and request a (free) hotel car to pick you up at Union Station.
While Los Angeles has a reputation as a car-centric city, the area of the conference hotel is quite walkable, offering plenty of dining and entertainment within walking distance. In addition, there are five subway/light-rail lines that take you to numerous destinations you may want to go to:
- The Red Line (closest stop: Civic Center, 0.5 miles) to Hollywood and Universal Studios in one direction and Union Station in the other direction.
- The Purple Line (closest stop: Civic Center, 0.5 miles) to Koreatown in one direction and Union Station in the other direction.
- The Gold Line (closest stop: Union Station, 1.1 miles) to Pasadena and beyond.
- The Expo Line (closest stop: 7th St./Metro Center, 0.8 miles) to Culver City and Santa Monica.
- The Blue Line (closest stop: 7th St./Metro Center, 0.8 miles) to Long Beach.